Strawberry Semifreddo with Black Sesame
You donâ€™t need an ice-cream maker to serve cool, creamy scoops. All you need is a bowl to make semifreddo happen.
Author: Blooming Junction via Bon Appetit!
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled, quartered
- â…“ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch of kosher salt
- â…” cup sweetened condensed milk
- Â½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- Cook strawberries and sugar in a medium pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
- strawberries have broken down into a thick, chunky jam (they should not be syrupy), 10â€“15
- minutes. Stir in vinegar; let cool.
- Meanwhile, toast black sesame seeds in a dry small skillet over medium heat until fragrant,
- about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Whip cream and salt until cream holds a medium-stiff peak. Gently whisk in sweetened
- condensed milk and yogurt until completely blended. Gently fold in half of strawberry jam, just
- enough to create streaks, then gently fold in remaining jam (mixture should look marbled with
- pockets of jam).
- Transfer to a medium bowl or loaf pan and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.
- Serve semifreddo topped with toasted sesame seeds.