Spicy Pumpkin Bread!
Delicious severed warm, toasted or cold. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or desert- anytime is a great time for this seasonal bread!
Author: Blooming Junction
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked solid pack pumpkin (see below-how to cook pumpkin
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Beat sugar and oil in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
- In another large bowl sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions.
- Mix in walnuts, if desired.
- Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes. Using sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves. Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.
- How to cook pumpkin: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Wash Pumpkin to remove any dirt.
- Cut pumpkin into small manageable pieces and cut off pith and seeds.
- Place cut pumpkin skin side up in a large roasting pan. Add ¼ inch of water and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until tender. ...
- When cooled, cut away skin and mash or puree.