- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare broccoli by cutting the purple florets from the stalk. Peel the stalk and cut larger florets in halves or fourths.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cooking oil, broccoli florets, salt and pepper until the florets are evenly coated.
- Lay mixture out evenly on a baking sheet. Use parchment paper for easy cleanup if desired.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and lightly browned.
Tip: Save the larger leaves to roast with the florets. They become a crunchy crisp similar to kale chips, but with a broccoli kick.
Product highlight: Jacobson Salt Co
When we choose items for the natural foods store at Blooming Junction, we choose local, high-quality products. Jacobson Salt Co is the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest. They harvest from Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast and package in Portland, Oregon. They are nationally recognized for their quality ingredients. Why not pair your local produce from Blooming Junction with local seasonings as well?